Netflix's The Eight Show suffered a crushing box office loss in its first week




1.7 million views in the first week

It's about half of Murderer's Puzzle (3.1 million views), Gyeongseong Creature (3 million views), Lee Doo-na (2.8 million views), and Mask Girl (2.8 million views). Among the 17 Netflix Korean originals released over the past year, only 4 are lower than The Eight Show.

THE COMMENTS
  1.  How many episodes are there???? I heard the reactions were okay, but is it not fun?ㅠ
  2. It feels like a knockoff of Squid Game, so I’m not interested.
  3. You have to wait and see with Netflix, look at what happened with "You".
  4. I don't think it's a show that should get such low ratings...
  5. Wasn't it released on the 17th? Does that have nothing to do with it?
  6. What's it about?
  7. It's really not good. I had high expectations because of the director and actors, but both the beginning and the end are bad.
  8. It doesn’t appeal to me; it feels like a mix of different concepts.
  9. Wow, I didn’t think it was that bad, but the ratings are really low.
  10. It's boring. At first, I thought it was a Squid Game rip-off.
  11. The casting is not good.
  12. I stopped watching it.
  13. It was fun, but casting Bae Seong-woo in such a pitiful role was a mistake, even if it flopped.
  14. The casting...
  15. The director of "Emergency Declaration" is washed up.
  16. It's actually quite good... There’s a lot to think about regarding class conflict, and the direction is sophisticated and watchable. The seventh episode is a bit bizarre and mentally exhausting, but it’s not overly gory or brutal. The acting is great across the board.
  17. I have no expectations from the director.ㅠㅠ
  18. The lineup of male actors... A lot of people will skip it because of the drunk driving incident.
  19. It's really boring. I watched it because an actor I like was in it, but I had to speed through it. The problem isn’t just the actors; the direction and the content are the worst. It pretends to be profound, but it's empty. Compared to other masterpieces about class, it’s just superficial.
  20. Except for Chun Woo-hee, I have zero interest in the other leads.
  21. It felt like a mix of that movie where they send food down from the top floor and Squid Game, but made just for shock value.
  22. I thought it was doing well since it was number one.
  23. With Ryu Jun-yeol and Bae Seong-woo, I don't like the actors, and the show feels outdated.
  24. I have no desire to watch it because of the casting.
  25. Oh, really? I enjoyed it.
  26. Look at the two male leads...
  27. It lacks buzz, feels like a Squid Game knockoff, and using an actor with a drunk driving history isn’t great. Personally, I don’t like some of the male actors, so I’m not interested.
  28. It's too similar to Squid Game, but Chun Woo-hee’s acting is amazing.
  29. Didn’t they say it was number one?
  30. It’s the best thing I’ve watched recently, interesting.
  31. I can’t watch it because I heard there are some gross scenes. I usually watch while eating.
  32. The direction feels so much like Wes Anderson’s, but it’s clumsy.
  33. I watched it for Park Jung-min and Chun Woo-hee, but it’s not fun. It’s unnecessarily brutal, and the script isn’t tight. The director has definitely lost his touch.
  34. It kept making me uncomfortable, so I stopped watching.
  35. Some settings are over the top, but it was a well-made show. I didn’t think of Squid Game at all.
  36. It’s fun, but I can see why it's polarizing. If it’s your style, you’ll enjoy it.
  37. I really enjoyed it.
  38. I don’t want to watch it because of the male actors.
  39. As it went on, it made me feel really bad, and it seemed like a Squid Game knockoff.
  40. I was worried it would be too similar to Squid Game because it involves betting money, but I didn’t think of Squid Game at all. It’s only eight episodes, and each one is short.
  41. Wow, it’s fun.
  42. What’s with the poster?? ㄷㄷ
  43. I thought it would do well since it’s a Squid Game knockoff.
  44. I enjoyed it.
  45. I only watched the first episode, but all I could think was that it’s a Squid Game rip-off. Ryu Jun-yeol’s character is unlikeable, and it’s too long and boring.
  46. Netflix hasn’t been good lately.
  47. I started watching it because it was number one on Netflix yesterday, and it’s watchable!
  48. I found it okay, interesting.
  49. Huh? What was that article saying it was a success?

ORIGINAL POST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment