So-yeon talks about (G)I-DLE ‘Because I just hate being sick’ Thoughts she had when she wrote it.


Are there really this many otakus in the world?



They're like two-thirds manga in their brains,

I'm obsessed with animation.

But This song was written with that kind of pure emotion.


Soyeon was surprised by how much people loved it.


Introduction to the song :


"There are things in this world that you can never believe." Like flying through the sky, traveling through time, erasing memories... Or someone you never met shows up, claiming it's fate."


The English subtitle is "Fate."


Today, I start my morning with bread in my mouth, Same as usual, another day begins.

All day long, I've got an iced Americano in one hand, So tired, I feel like I could die.

Did I see this scene in the subway in my dream last night? Oh right, it's always like this, passing by, oh, oh.

In this busy life, on just another ordinary day, I saw that girl.

The peaceful sky collapses, The dark view ahead turns red,

It feels like I've forgotten something, I don't know why, but I feel like I could cry,

It might be better to just let it go, Because I really hate thinking.

Yeah, the caffeine that kept me awake is wearing off, I've been feeling anxious all day, almost ready to throw up, By evening, I'd forgotten to even feel hungry, Right? It's strange, but you know what, listen,

When I first saw her, how should I describe it? Did I miss her? It's funny even to me.

The peaceful sky collapses, The dark view ahead turns red,

It feels like I've forgotten something, I don't know why, but I feel like I could cry,

It might be better to just let it go, Because I really hate thinking.

She looks at me with a sad expression, As if she's known me for a long time, oh, oh.

Outside the traces of memory, Maybe in the past, the future, another dimension, another world, One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.

The peaceful sky collapses, Even if the dark view ahead turns red,

I feel like I'm about to lose something again, I don't know why, but I feel like I could cry,

It might be better to just let it go, Because I really hate thinking.

No, it might be better to just let it go, Because I really hate feeling pain.



THE COMMENTS:
  1. I feel a bit called out as an otaku listening to this, but the composer is also an otaku, so I guess it makes sense.
  2. Honestly, I'm glad it's trending, haha. And since it's been successful, they'll probably write more songs like this in the future.
  3. Thinking that this is popular because there are so many otakus just proves you're an otaku...
  4. A lot of people think it's just a 'grim life' song because of the first line, haha.
  5. Hey, don't suddenly hit us otakus when we're just listening hard! But it really is a song that moves the otaku heart!
  6. My muggle friend thought it was either about a grim life or running into an ex, haha!
  7. The otaku who unintentionally sparked the muggle emotions
  8. Even if you're not an otaku, the song is just good, haha. But the intro for song is great, haha.
  9. Turns out only the otakus felt called out for no reason, haha (otaku here).
  10. You muggles, it's not the lyrics, it's the melody that's otaku-like, haha!
  11. It wasn't a song about meeting an ex...? I'm an otaku, but I thought it was about that!
  12. I thought it was a song about work life, but it's actually an otaku song?
  13. Wait, the lyrics don't really seem like just a work life song?
  14. Even just stepping outside with bread in your mouth screams otaku.
  15. It was an otaku song? I listened to it because I could relate to having bread in my mouth in the morning, haha. But I couldn't really get the overall theme, haha.
  16. Muggles hear it as a song about the struggles of office workers, while otakus hear it as a time-travel narrative, haha!
  17. So, does that mean 'Super Lady' was made for muggles from an otaku perspective? Like, 'Muggles will probably like this, right?' Haha!
  18. Personally, I like it best when Jeon Soyeon writes lyrics in Korean. I remember the lyrics being really nice during the 'Beam Beam' era. It would be great if Jeon Soyeon could create a group or something with otaku vibes in the future, haha."




ORIGINAL POST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment